Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Donna and Larry Grady

 Chews Landing & Timber Creek RR  --

My wife Donna started my interest in Garden Railroading one Christmas with an LGB starter set, Lake George & Boulder 0-4-0, and after joining SJGRS and visiting the layouts of the members, work started one spring day with a 12x12’ square, a few buildings and a dry river bed.

 That worked for a while and then I got antsy and I tore it all down and started my second layout which ran across the backyard and under the porch, so to view the railroad, you had to step into it and the train ran around you.  All went well, until we had to remove some of the trees in our yard which entailed taking up the entire track which leads us to my third and current layout. This one runs lengthwise down the yard in an over-under figure 8 with two sidings.  I am working on softening the grade and possibly elevating the track keeping my knees happy too.

The CL & TC RR is a free lance RR with no time period in mind, track powered with gentle curves and a few turnouts. The plan is to keep it simple and to simply enjoy running trains with minimal effort.

WATCH THIS SPACE 

DUE TO SOME DAMAGE FROM  FALLING TREES, THEY ARE REDESIGNING AND REBUILDING THIS LAYOUT










No comments:

Post a Comment